Kaw NationEmergency Management
FOR EMERGENCIES DIAL 9-1-1
The mission of Kaw Nation Emergency Management is to provide expertise and leadership for Kaw Nation through the integration of emergency management programs, functions, and supporting activities to prevent, protect against, mitigate the effects of, respond to, and recover from all emergencies and disasters in an all-hazards approach.
Office of Emergency Management:
- Prepares and maintains Kaw Nations comprehensive Hazard Mitigation Plan, Continuity Of Operations Plan, Emergency and Tactical Interoperability Communications Plan, and Emergency Action Plans.
- Inspects and maintains compliance with structures with the adoption of codes such as International Building Code, International Fire Code, and NFPA.
- Staffs and operates the Emergency Operations Center, which is Kaw Nation’s command post during serious incidents and severe weather occurrences.
- Maintains emergency communications equipment and Emergency Alert System.
- Responds to emergencies within Kaw Nation and assists neighboring agencies with emergency calls for service.
- Serves as liaison and coordinator between Kaw Nation and municipal, county, state, and federal emergency agencies.
Office: (580) 269-2552