Kaw Nation Transporation Department
A Commitment to our Community
The Kaw Nation Transportation Department was established in 1990 to provide a safe and convenient public access within the Kaw Nation’s boundaries and tribal statistical area, to consider public access to new development, to conform and complement with the area-wide transportation systems, to assist with the economic development of the Kaw Nation, and to account for and incorporate the preservation and enhancement of cultural and environmental resources.
Goals & Priorities
- Satisfy the requirements of 25 CFR Part 170;
- Provide an accurate overview of the existing transportation system;
- Identify roads that will provide safe and efficient public access to all Tribal properties and facilities within the jurisdictional boundaries;
- Plan for the maintenance of existing facilities and for the construction of future transportation facilities;
- Assist the economic development of the Kaw Nation while protecting natural and cultural resource values.
Department Focal Points
Land In Trust
Construction and maintenance management of Kaw Nation-owned parking lots and right of ways.
Transportation & Bridges
Collaboration with local and federal government in constructing and maintaining roads and bridges.
Fleet & Equipment
Oversight, purchase, storage, and maintenance of all department vehicles and heavy equipment.
Over the years, the Kaw Nation Transportation Department has undertaken a myriad of projects, showcasing a diverse range of capabilities. From the installation of parking lots and asphalt overlays, to constructing bridges and culverts that facilitate seamless travel, the department has consistently delivered successful outcomes. These projects highlight the department’s adaptability and dedication to improving the overall accessibility and functionality of the transportation network within and beyond the Kaw Nation’s jurisdiction.
Years in Service
Projects Completed (Since 2019)
Please complete form with any questions or inquiries. All entries will be sent to our administration email.