Welcome to the Kaw Nation Environmental Department.
The Kaw Nation Environmental Department was established in 1996 by the Kaw Nation to preserve, protect, and improve the quality of our natural resources for the benefit of the people of the Kaw Nation and their descendants. Our office is located at the west end of the Kaw Nation Administration Complex. We are available Monday through Friday to review your concerns or answer any questions.
Kaw Nation Environmental Department’s Goals and Priorities
- Represent Tribal interests to public and private entities.
- Develop a communication network inside and outside the Tribe on environmental principles and practices.
- Establish environmental management as a fundamental institutional part of the Tribe.
- Support water rights and the development of enforceable water quality standards.
- Land acquisition and management.
- Facilitate safe drinking water and water quality for Tribal members and the public by supporting water treatment plants and distribution.
- Encourage environmental stewardship among nearby schools and Tribal youth.
- Arkansas River Watershed Protection Program.
- Provide the professional capacity for environmental assessments.
- Restore ecologically degraded areas through wetland enhancement.