This application is used for Emergency Assistance, Emergency Utility Deposit, Emergency Transportation/Medical Assistance. Please read the following instructions to apply for any of the services below. Information will be verified by the Social Services Department. Any false statement will result in disapproval of service.

The Emergency Assistance Program is for assisting tribal citizens in emergency situations. This program can also be used for utility assistance. If applying for utility assistance, the utility bill should be in the name of the Kaw tribal citizen unless the utility bill is in the name of the tribal citizen’s spouse. The utility bill may not be over one (1) month delinquent. If approved, the check will be mailed to the utility company by the tribal office within 5-7 business days. The maximum amount of assistance is up to $300.00 per year/per household depending on the emergency. The applicant must provide the following:

  1. Copy of the utility bill or cut-off notice from the utility company.
  2. The application must be signed by the Kaw tribal citizen.

Emergency Utility Deposit Assistance (A One-Time Assistance)

The Emergency Utility Deposit Assistance Program is for utility deposits. The maximum amount paid is up to $150.00. Applicants should provide the following:

  1. Statement from the utility company showing the cost of the deposit.
  2. The application must be signed by the Kaw tribal citizen.

Emergency Transportation/Medical Program (A One-Time Assistance)

The Emergency Transportation/Medical Program assists with transportation for stranded Kaw tribal citizens. This may also be used for emergency medical assistance for supplies or medicines not provided through the Indian Health Service. The maximum amount paid is up to $100.00. The following must be provided:

  1. Application must be completed and signed by the Kaw tribal citizen needing assistance.
  2. When applying for the emergency transportation/medical assistance, an explanation is required on page two of the application. Please attach a copy of the invoice/prescription if applying for medical assistance.